Decision Day
Initially, I thought that InDesign and Premiere Pro would be easy and simple to work but they are actually very complex and have a lot to figure out. Honestly, I'm not very tech savvy and I got very frustrated when the tutorials were playing, and I was trying to play around with my stuff. InDesign seems like it’s easier to understand than Premiere Pro, because I at least followed the InDesign tutorial a little bit. I think if I watched a few more tutorials I could be really successful working with InDesign.
In Premiere Pro the different options such as adding sound and effects was very hard for me to grasp. In InDesign it was confusing with the different picture formatting, but it seemed easier to figure out and get good at. Both programs would be great at delivering my “story.” According to Wayne Cherry, “storytelling is part of who we are as humans.” Basically, stories are like second nature to us humans, so using a program will just enhance my story-telling abilities. I feel like InDesign will really tell my story because “stories have power, and they explain our world just as the myths did so long ago” (Cherry). By doing I magazine and using this software I will be able to effectively share my story and impact the world.
Additionally, the other article by Joey Franklin refers to the status of magazines now a days. It’s been made clear that while magazine reading is down, there are still people that value and prefer them. According to Beck (one of the editors), “literature is an enormous conversation.” With reference to this I want to do the magazine because literature and magazines are still highly important and hold so many ideas. I feel as though InDesign will help my magazine gain a voice and tell a story. Also, according to the article, “the internet has created easier access to readers, more diverse channels for promotion and funding, and a greater variety of publishing formats than ever before.” Programs such as InDesign are a blessing because it will just help my magazine be better and break fresh ground.
At first, I wasn't that excited to make a magazine or a film because of the intricate details and options. However, after reading the articles and watching the tutorials I feel more confident that I can use the program to tell my story. I feel as though the more tutorials I watch and the more I get familiar I will be successful and able to produce a captivating magazine. So, my ultimate decision is to do the magazine as my portfolio project based upon class viewings, assigned articles, discussions, and software tutorials. The magazine is the best fit for me personally.
Comments
Post a Comment