Production 4- Answers to the Interview Questions
Marie got back to me with the answers to the six questions I asked concerning her journey and experience with pursuing a healthy lifestyle.
1. When and why did you decide to pursue a healthier lifestyle?
I decided to pursue a healthier lifestyle at the beginning of the junior year. I'll be honest, it wasn't easy to get started. I struggled to be consistent when it came to working out. Some days I looked forward to going to the gym but others I could barely get out of bed. Anyone that says that it's easy to create a workout routine and follow a healthy diet is lying. It takes time, focus, and dedication. You have to remember the goals that you set in the beginning. I'm not talking about the easy goals to hit next week. I mean the big goals. The ones that you don't even believe are possible. That is why I have been able to stay true to myself and my fitness journey.
2. How has fitness helped your mental health?
It has given me clarity. It allowed me to see what matters. Before exercising, I spent way too much time worrying about things that don't deserve my time. Working out makes me feel good. There was a time that I thought nothing could. I was at a low. I knew something needed to change. I finally got my act together and went for a run. I was shocked. How could something so difficult, make you feel so inspired. During quarantine, I knew I needed to take control before my thoughts controlled me. I have been happy ever since.
3. What would you recommend for people that are just getting started?
I would recommend trying to formulate some type of routine and find motivation in working out. It will be hard to stay consistent and it's hard to be patient for results but it's all worth it in the end. You don't have to change everything in your routine to fit in working out, just start by adding one day a week of going to the gym or working out at home. Once you get comfortable working out you can add more until that routine is formed. You can always look towards others to inspire you.
4. What is your biggest motivation?
I am motivated by those that follow my fitness journey on Instagram. Every time I get a message that I inspired someone to start working out, I am motivated to keep going. My goal is to prove to anyone that they can do whatever they are passionate about. Every time I get a new message or comment it shows me that people believe in me and supports me. I will continue to keep myself accountable but seeing that I am making a change in others' lives makes it that much easier.
5. Can you list your favorite workouts?
I try to work on different parts of my body on different days and have a routine. On a typical leg and glutes day, I start off by stretching and then running for 5-10 minutes on the treadmill or doing the Stairmaster. After that, I head over to do deadlifts and squats. I try for 3 reps of 10, each time adding more weight. After that, I do hip thrusts, 4 sets of 10 also trying to add more weight each time. I end leg day by doing lunges and step-ups, holding 15-pound weights in my hand while I do them.
6. What is one food/recipe you love?
I love starting off the day with a nice breakfast and oatmeal is probably my favorite. I usually pair it with a protein shake and some type of other food. I love peanut butter and it's a great source of protein when put on toast or a bagel. I try to make sure I eat a full 3 meals a day, each including a source of protein and the other food groups.
Comments
Post a Comment